Your Health and Safety Are Our Top Priority
When we “pressed pause” on our operations in mid-March, we did so with one objective: to keep our people – our team, our customers, and our broader community – safe. And now we, like many others, are cautiously stepping back into life as we knew it. While some of the ways we engage with you might change, our focus on keeping you safe has not.
We’ve crafted a new set of policies and procedures to guide our actions behind the scenes and our interactions with you during this time. They are based on the guidelines from state and local officials as well as guidance from health experts, and we’ve added some additional requirements as well that go above and beyond what is being asked of us. Because we don’t think we can be TOO safe right now.
Like you, we’re absorbing new information daily, which means these protocols are just a start. As we listen to and learn from experts and officials, we’ll be fine-tuning and updating our policies to uphold the highest standard we believe our community deserves.
Here’s what you can expect of Blueroot:
- Deep cleaning. We use a top-grade disinfectant throughout our kitchen, and we sanitize high-touch areas several times during each shift.
- Staff health screens. We’ve implemented symptom monitoring before shifts, including screening for cold and flu-like symptoms and taking temperatures. Staff members that showcase a temperature of 100.4 F or above or exhibit symptoms are not allowed to work and follow our internal protocols for staying at home and working with management to devise a plan of action.
- Protective equipment and social distancing. In addition to following high standards of cleanliness and hygiene as guided by our local health officials and the CDC, our team uses high quality, disposable face masks and gloves at work. And we’ve kept our staff limited each shift so that everyone can maintain at least a six-foot radius while working.
When we open our Outpost in Mountain Brook Village (so soon!), you’ll see enhanced safety measures there as well — and a few requests of our customers. We take health and safety REALLY seriously. If you have questions about our new approach or how we can better serve you, please reach out to us.
Things might look a little different, but our commitment to you remains the same: We are here to support your whole health, and to lift up our local businesses and broader community while we’re at it.
Here are some additional resources to support you…
Supporting your whole health doesn’t stop with bringing you bright and beautiful goods. We’re helping you incorporate small, simple changes that bring a bit of positivity, productivity, and perspective during these uncertain times. Check out our Wise Words with Women I Love IG LIVE miniseries this May, and our Seven Steps to Sanity series for bite-size adjustments that yield a big impact. Lastly, check out our daily health tips and snack hacks to keep you fueled up, fired up, and running at top speed.
Help Feed Our Healthcare Heroes
We’ve teamed up with two organizations in Birmingham – Frontline Heroes and Meals for Healthcare Heroes – to feed the incredible folks on the front lines. These two efforts are bringing together local restaurants like Blueroot with corporate and individual sponsors to provide meals to those who are taking risks every day to serve and heal our community. And we need your help to make it happen. Donate directly or gather a group of friends and sponsor a meal.
Supporting Your Sprouts
We also know you might be quarantined with the littles (who are now out of school for the year – yikes!). We’ve aggregated some of our favorite resources for kids in one place (thank you for the recs, Clara, Marie, and others!). Good luck, parents!
- Tap into free, charter school-approved curriculum thanks to Other Goose
- Access a full line-up of activities on Airtable, sorted by age and type
- Set up a visual schedule to guide your kids through the day, even if they can’t tell time (pro tip: cast it to the TV to keep everyone on the same page)
- Take a virtual museum tour around some of the world’s best
- Have a famous person read your favorite kids books
- Find a podcast for your little ones
Bringing the Spirit of Blueroot Home
We’ve teamed up with Fairway Finds and FarmStand by Stone Hollow to bring a little taste of local flavor directly to your kitchen. Enjoy a few insights and recipes! Or, for more fun, join us on Sundays at 4p CT for our Sunday Supper Club!